All right, you’ve touched up your makeup, but suppose you now want to change it from your office or daytime look to a knockout evening visage? Here are some ideas to consider:
• Add a dark or black shade of eyeshadow to the back corner of the lid or in the crease.
• Use the same shade of dark or black eyeshadow to create a more dramatic line around the eye.
• Use a wedge or angle brush to add extra definition to the arch of your eyebrows, or add a bit more brow powder to the ends of your brows (but don’t overdo it).
• Use a powder or liquid that has shine to add some shimmering highlights to the cheekbones, center of the forehead, chin, neck, shoulders, or decolletage.
• A vivid red lipstick always makes a dramatic evening look, especially if you are wearing black.
• Avoid overdoing your blush. Making the cheeks look overly colorful doesn’t improve an evening look.
• Avoid applying more mascara, unless you’re adept at doing so without creating a clumpy, spiky mess.